I had a lot of leftover wrapping paper from my china cabinet redo and thought it would make for another cute project.
- wrapping paper or card stock
- double sided tape
- x-acto knife or scissors
- little jars
- tea lights
- For the big lantern, cut the paper to about 8×8 in. (~20x20cm), for the small one about 8×6 in. (~20x15cm). The paper will need to be long enough to wrap around the jars once, plus about 1/4″ — 1/2″ overlap.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Cut a series of straight lines in the paper, cutting over the fold, about 1/4″ — 1/2″ apart. Make sure to stop about 1 1/2″ from the edge.
- Unfold the paper and roll the paper on both sides, so the fold is sticking outward.
- Tape the sides together.
- Place a jar with tea light inside the lantern and light the candle.
- Feel cozy. ;)
I’m partying here! ♥