Black forest cake is a classic over here in Germany, but this version has a little twist to it - it's made with chocolate waffles. Yum!
It's a quick and easy alternative to serving just plain waffles and is sure to be a hit with your guests.
Can you believe it took me 2 1/2 years to post this recipe?!
I don't even know why I kept this deliciousness from you for so long. So, let's not wait any longer. ;)
❤ I'm partying here:
Too Cute Tuesday, The Inspiration Board, Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop,
A Little Bird Told Me Link Party, Simple & Sweet Fridays, Inspiration²,
Artsy-Fartsy Link Party, Creative Inspirations Link Party,
Creative Ways Link Party
black forest waffle cake
Black forest cake is a classic over here in Germany, but this version has a little twist to it - it's made with chocolate waffles. …
- 1 jar red tart cherries
- some clove powder
- some lemon zest
- sugar to taste
- some corn starch
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- some sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- some vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 oz milk
- 7 oz cream
- some vanilla
- Bring the cherries, with clove powder, lemon zest and sugar to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch little by little until you have a pudding like texture. Put Cool before using.
- Caramelize the almond slices with sugar in a hot skillet.
- Beat the butter with sugar, eggs, a pinch of salt and some vanilla until creamy.
- Lastly, add the flour, baking powder, cocoa and milk.
- Bake the waffles in a hot waffle iron and set the waffles aside to cool down.
- Whip the cream and some vanilla until stiff.
- Alternate waffle, cream, cherries, waffle, ... Decorate with the caramelized almonds and powdered sugar