But before starting today’s post, I wanted to shout out a huge THANK YOU to all the fabulous Guest Bloggersthat shared a little about themselves and their blogs. I hope you all enjoyed them taking over my blog as much as I did while I was gone. ;)
It’s my beautiful mom’s birthday today (herzlichen Glückwunsch, Mama!)!
for the muffins
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 to 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1–2 tbsp. milk or cream.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Measure the brown sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla and egg into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Buttermilk. Add the flour. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or two.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch by 24-inch rectangle.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread with butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into a log and stretch slightly.
- Cut into two-inch pieces and put the pieces into greased muffin tins of muffin tins lined with cupcake papers.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, and then remove from the muffin tins.
- Drizzle with icing when cool.
I’m partying here! ♥