A couple months ago (after dreaming about it for about a year) I finally caved in and bought an iPad. I kind of justified the purchase by getting it as a treat for starting a new job and I have to say: I LOVE it!
All it needed was a little home to live in while I’m not there. So I bought some felt at the craft store and used a doily that I had purchased during one of the visits to the flea market back in summer. All in all it cost me about $2.50 to make. Have I told you that I love nifty & thrifty (and quick & easy!) projects?! ;)
What you’ll need:
- felt in your choice of color
- crocheted doily
- sewing machine
- Cut the felt to size.
Width: 10 1⁄2 in (26,5 cm); Height: 17 3⁄4 in (45 cm).
- Sew the doily onto the felt (using thread in the color of your doily).
- Fold over the felt, leaving 2 in (5 cm) on top for a flap.
- Sew the two sides shut. I used a fancy cross stitch, just to make it more sturdy, but you can use any stitch really.
- To finish the project, sew velcro on the flap and front of the sleeve.
I’m partying here! ❤