It hit me today: Tomorrow is already the first of December!!
I have been planning on making an Advent Calendar for a while now, but forgot all about it until this morning.. Ooops!
So, I quickly went shopping for supplies and assembled this year’s Advent Calendar this morning.
A little side note: In Germany, Christmas is celebrated on the 24th of December. That’s why there are only 24 little bags in our calendar.
What you’ll need:
- white paper bags
- old book pages
- clothes pins
- crazy scissors
- glue stick
- decorative stars
- a printer
- enough candy and chocolate for 24 (or 25, if you’re in the US) bags
- print “Merry Christmas” written in different languages on paper bags.
- cut the top of the bags with crazy scissors.
- fold the top down about 1 inch.
- print numbers on old book pages and tear the pages into squares around the numbers.
- glue the numbered squares on the paper bags.
- attach the little golden star.
- fill the bags with yummy goodies.
- hang the finished bags on a string between two nails.
I know this is a little short notice, but maybe this inspires you to make an Advent Calendar this year. :)
I’m partying here! ♥