Here in Germany, if you live in an apartment and don't have a backyard, it is fairly common to lease a little lot of land with a itty bitty (about 300 sq. ft.) house on it. I believe in English it's called an allotment garden. It's an inexpensive way to have your own little piece of land to grow vegetables, flowers and just hang out and relax during the summer.
That is exactly what my favorite aunt just did a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures yet, but I did make her a little house warming gift (during a mother-daughter craft date). A fabric garland with blessings for her and her new "home".
What you'll need:
- an old white sheet
- letter & design stamps
- fabric ink pads
- sewing machine
- safety pin
- Tear the sheet into pieces - ours measure about 6" x 12" (15 x 30 cm) & 3" x 12" (7,5 x 30 cm)
- Tear one long strip to use as a string for the garland.
- Stamp your design on the fabric pieces - we used words like happiness, love, health, passion, . .
- Iron over the design to set the ink.
- Fold the top of the fabric pieces down about 1/2" and sew a straight line.
- Pin a safety pin to one side of the fabric string and thread through the fabric pieces.
- Adjust, hang up & enjoy! ;)
I'm partying here! ♥