Our curtain project helped a little with the problem of not being able to sleep in very long on the weekends, but I was still waking up too early for my liking.
So, I finally decided to sew a sleeping mask. I don’t know why I waited so long to make one! I feel SO much more rested in the mornings, since I don’t keep waking up every half our or so from the sun shining through our bedroom window — which gets full morning sun.
What you’ll need:
- iron-on batting (I think this is what it’s called in English..)
- elastic tape
- sewing machine and thread
- Use this template to transfer the shape onto two pieces of fabric and two pieces of iron-on batting.
- Cut the fabric and batting, giving about 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Iron the batting on the backside of the fabric.
- Secure the two pieces of fabric (with the elastic tape inside) right side together with pins.
- Sew shut, but leave a little gap to turn it right side out.
- After turning it the right way, sew shut by hand.
- Sweet dreams!
I’m partying here! ♥