See this sad-looking couch? It was desperately in need of a little spring update. It definitely needed a pop of color!
I looked in several stores but couldn't find a pillow that I really liked (or wasn't willing to spend the money), so I decided to buy fabric instead and sew my own. Nifty & Thrifty! My favorite! ;)
What you'll need:
- a pillow
- fabric (amount depends on the size pillow you use)
- rotary cutter or scissors
- sewing machine
- coordinating thread
- straight pins
- Use the pillow of choice as a guide to cut your fabric. Measure the pillow (mine were 12" x 12").
- Cut your fabric to size. For my 12" x 12" pillow, I cut a rectangle that was 12.5 inches by 31 inches. This will give you a 6 inch overlap for the envelope.
- Fold the short edges of the fabric 1/4 inch and then another 1/4 inch and use straight pins to hold it in place. Hem the edges with a straight stitch.
- Lay the fabric right side up and fold the short edges over so they overlap.
- The rectangle should measure 12.5" x 12".
- Use straight pins to stitch the sides together and sew a 1/4 inch seam along the open sides.
- Turn the fabric inside out and stuff the pillow inside.
- Voilá!! ;)
I'm partying here! ❤