Has it already been a week since the last floral friday?!
This week’s featured flower is the crocus.
I bought this little beauty in the above animation about 2 weeks ago and documented it’s growth for about a week. You could literally watch it grow!
Unfortunately we don’t have a back yard, so anything we grow needs to be grown in our apartment.. I don’t really have a green thumb, but I do my best to keep our plants alive. ;)
- there are about 80 species of crocuses.
- crocuses come in a wide range of colors. Most commonly, however, are white, mauve and yellow.
- the leaves are grass-like.
- the small orange-red center of the crocus is the source of saffron.
- the name comes from the Greek krokos and means “saffron yellow”.