Hi Nifty readers! We’re happy to be here today, we just adore Vanessa and we’re wishing her and her hubby the best right now during this time.
We’re Kelli and Kristi from Lolly Jane, a DIY blog chock full of tutorials.
I needed to make cookies stat for my boy’s school party. (Thanks for the day before notice, son!) I was browsing my “Best of the Best of Utah” cookbook from my mother-in-law and found an easy recipe called “Crazy Chocolate Caramel Cookies”. A Rolo Cookies Recipe?! They’re simply a chocolate cake mix with Rolo’s inside!
They’re brilliant! It’s the perfect, quick cookie to satisfy an emergency sweet tooth attack for chocolate lovers ;)
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Rolo candies
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs, blend well.
- Place a Rolo candy in the center of a piece of cookie dough, roll the dough in a ball around the Rolo.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2″ apart.
- Bake 8–10 minutes.
- Cool 1 minutes and remove from cookie sheet.
- [Makes 4 dozen cookies]
Love this recipe, I’ll be stocking up on Rolo’s and saving them in the freezer for potlucks, get togethers, etc. They look like an ordinary cookie but have a surprise inside! Sneaky, sneaky!
XOXO, Kelli and Kristi