Materials you'll need:
- sewing machine and thread
- a piece of paper for the heart template
- pillow filling
- Fold a piece of paper in half and draw a heart shape. Cut it and unfold.
- Place the paper heart template on two layers of fabric and trace around the heart with a pen.
- Cut out the heart shape, giving a 1/4" seam allowance.
- To make this a hanging heart, fold the ribbon in half and secure with a pin on the inside of the top middle part of the heart.
- Sew both sides together on the drawn line. Leave open about 1 1/2".
- Cut seam allowance to the stitching at point of the V and turn heart inside out.
- Fill with a filling of your choice. (I reused polyester filling of an old pillow I wasn't using anymore.)
- Stitch the opening shut by hand.
- The last step is to sew the little bow on by hand. I just folded the ribbon into a bow for this step.