Now that we've left the Christmas Holidays behind us, it's time to prepare for the next big day! New Year's is just a couple days away.. I can't believe we'll be welcoming the year 2013 already! Where did the time go?!
Last Thursday I finally got to meet up with my mom again to bake, craft & hang out and we made these homemade fortune cookies with personalized fortunes.
This is a great, simple & fun baking project for your New Year's party!
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
I'm partying here! ❤
- Yield: about 20
Now that we've left the Christmas Holidays behind us, it's time to prepare for the next big day! New Year's is just a couple days …
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pinch salt
- Beat the egg whites until they're creamy (not stiff).
- Add the powdered sugar, scraped vanilla bean, melted & cooled butter, as well as a pinch of salt and the flour.
- Mix until you have a creamy batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place a tablespoon of batter onto a lined cookie sheet and spread them into a circle of 3-4 inches diameter.
- Bake until they start to brown and remove from baking sheet with a spatula.
- Quickly place the fortune on the cookie, fold cookie in half and then gently pull the edges downward over the rim of a glass or bowl. Let the cookies cool.