This is such a fun and easy project! My hubby, who is a total record nerd, came up with the idea of making record bowls. So, I love this project especially, since we got to be crafty together. :)
We found a couple of old (and free) records at a resale store and got to “work”.
What you’ll need:
- an old record
- an oven-safe bowl
- a baking sheet
- oven mitts or gloves
- an oven
- Preheat your oven to 210°F (100°C)
- Put the oven-safe bowl onto the baking sheet, facing down.
- Center the record on top of the bowl.
- Close the oven and watch the record until it starts to warp.
- Take out the baking sheet and, using mitts or gloves, press down the record
- Hold your record in place until it starts to harden.
- The record will cool very fast, so you need to hurry a little to shape it. If you’re not happy with the shape, just pop it back in the oven for a little bit and start over. :)
I’m partying here! ❤