As I mentioned in the previous post, my Bachelor’s Thesis was due yesterday. It. is. DONE! Yay!!
That also means that I have been pretty busy the last couple days and haven’t really gotten a chance to be creative. This is where my amazing, creative mom comes in! She’s basically guest posting for me today. Well, idea and picture-wise she is. :)
She made this wonderful eye pillow. Eye pillows are usually used for relaxation purposes in yoga. They are filled with spelt (you can also use flax seeds) and a few drops of lavender oil and are supposed to help headaches and work as an antidepressant. The pillows have the perfect weight to put enough pressure on your face to contour it, blocking out the light.
- fabric (2 pieces about 8 x 3 inches, plus 1⁄4″ seam allowance).
- sewing machine and thread
- ribbon (optional)
- lavender oil
- Sew both sides of the fabric right side together, leaving about a 1 1⁄2″ opening. If desired, sew in the ribbon on one of the short side of the fabric.
- Turn the fabric inside out.
- Drop a few drops of lavender oil on the spelt or flax seed and fill the pillow.
- Stitch the opening shut by hand.
I’m partying here! ♥