One of my all-time favorite dinners is pasta with pesto. It’s so quick and easy to make and soooo delicious!!
Well, to make things a little more challenging than just opening a jar of pesto, I decided to make my own.
My mom has two big bushes of rosemary in front of her house, which smell amazing when entering the door. So, one day we put one and one together and decided on a rosemary-tomato-pesto. Yum!
Unfortunately I can’t really give any exact measurements of ingredients, since we made it from scratch and just added everything until the pesto had a good consistency, but this is what we used (for three jars):
- fresh rosemary (about 3 stalks)
- sun-dried tomatoes (about 1 cup, marinated in oil)
- parmesan (about 1 cup)
- pine nuts (about 1 cup)
- olive oil (until you get a smooth consistency)
- garlic (about 3 cloves)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Grind pine nuts and rosemary in a food processor.
- Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan and olive oil and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Enjoy as a dip or on pasta! ;)
I’m partying here! ♥