My mom found this delicious recipe on Zucker, Zimt & Liebe (which stands for “Sugar, Cinnamon & Love). All I can say is: Yum!!
One rainy Sunday a few weeks back, her and my younger brother came over to visit. My brother to hang out with the hubby and my mom to craft and bake with me.
We decided it would be the perfect day to try these pumpkin waffles. So, after some time in the kitchen we called my brother and hubs in to test the waffles. Their rating: “lecker” — delicious! ;)
Even though we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving over here like we did when we lived in the US, I think these waffles would make for a great Thanksgiving dessert!
Definitely something to try if you’re looking for an alternative to the common pumpkin pie.
By November 19, 2013Published:
My mom found this delicious recipe on Zucker, Zimt & Liebe (which stands for “Sugar, Cinnamon & Love). All I can say is: …
- 1 small hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- some vanilla
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- powdered sugar
- whipping or vanilla ice cream
- plum jam (or other flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Cut pumpkin in half and scrape seeds out with a spoon.
- Rub the cuts with vegetable oil and lay in a casserole dis. Fill with 1 cup of water. Bake for about 1 hour, until soft. Let cool slightly.
- Take the pumpkin out of the water, peel off skin and puree. Use a cheesecloth or sieve to drain the excess water. Measure about 1 cup (250g) of puree to use.
- Beat the eggs first and add sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, melted butter and milk. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to the egg-mixture and beat until creamy.
- Preheat the waffle iron. Bake the waffles. Pumpkin waffles will need a little longer to bake than regular waffles. Just bake them to the desired crispness.
- Dust the ready-baked waffles with powdered sugar and serve with freshly whipped cream or ice cream and plum jam (or other flavor).
I’m partying here! ❤